Rabu, 14 Juli 2010


Tommy added two logs to his raft, giving him a bit more floatation. And he drops an anchor and fishes from it now.

Gibson loves the river. (We had to coax him in last summer.)

And the sun keeps perfecting its slant.

Minggu, 11 Juli 2010

New event- new items!

I've been busy getting some stuff ready for the edition book arts event I'll be exhibiting at in Dublin 24 July.I want to try out some new things at it so i'm taking some photography on greeting cards- http://www.flickr.com/photos/lunar_lapin/sets/72157624450205044/
I've made some really tiny rabbit canvases, I designed a new set of badges,

and I'm hand making some 'crafty' fabric covered notebooks.
I've also been invited to participate in an American anthology (small press) which I haven't really started in ernest yet but it weighs on my mind daily!
Once I get my bits and peices together for this event I'll start sketching.
Watch this space for photos coming soon...

Sabtu, 10 Juli 2010

Adorable Monsters

After I made an Adorable Snow Monster way back in January (http://lucyravenscar.blogspot.com/2010/01/adorable-snow-monster.html) I decided to write up the pattern. I made another Snow Monster to test it, and then I was given some lovely extra fluffy mohair so I made a variation which I decided was a Wildly Adorable Snow Monster.

Then I thought I'd better try making one without using a mohair yarn, because they're not always easily available. I wasn't sure what it would look like - using the same pattern apart from the ruff around its face, it ended up quite different looking. Without the fluff the big hands and feet were more noticeable, but I thought it was just as cute. I wasn't quite sure what kind of monster he was, but since he is green and brown he's ended up being an Adorable Tree Monster.

Having bought some self-striping yarn, I though I'd give that a go, and made an Adorable Rainbow Monster.  I thought I was finished then but my son begged me to make him a fire monster. I used three different tones of red (I'm not sure they all show up in the photos, but I used the darkest colour at the bottom) and I brushed the fur on his head upwards to give him a more fiery effect. And so was born the Flaming Adorable Fire Monster.

I really like the way the same pattern can make quite different looking creatures - it would be quite easy to add details like spines, horns, wings or spots to make them even more varied.

The pattern is now up for sale in my Etsy Shop.